Background

A few years ago, I got accepted to a few of the top UC's including UCB, UCLA, UCSD, and UCD. As a reader of my blog, I hope to increase your chances of acceptance by giving you tips and knowledge about the process.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

How impossible is it for an out-of-state resident like me to get admitted in to UCD or UCSB?

Great question Tiffany!

It is not impossible for an out of state resident to get into either UCD or UCSB, but your GPA and SAT test scores must be higher. It is hard to determine how much higher, but from older statistics from when I applied, it seems out of state residents will need scores ranging from 1950-2000+ for both UCD and UCSB to have a good chance at acceptance. In terms of GPA, a 4.0 UC GPA or higher is a minimum. For students who cannot meet the minimum GPA, one can improve their chances by scoring higher than average on the SAT II or SAT I as it demonstrates clear understanding of material beyond the classroom. Please do not take this as a means to do poorly in class :D, but a safety in case grades do not turn out as expected. Goodluck Tiffany, and hope you get in! If you have more questions post them and I will answer them when I have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guestbook